With an active Momentum group in Ealing, one of 20 in London, you can see how Ealing MP Rupa Huq might feel the need to run with the revolutionary socialist types who are currently trying to take over the Labour party and stop it being in government until mid century at least.
On Saturday I was given this leaflet which I have marked up to show who Huq is speaking with, click to enlarge.
Who is Huq speaking with?
- Christine Blower – supported by SWP and other leftwingers inside NUT and in 2000, Ms Blower stood as a London Socialist Alliance candidate for the Greater London Authority. The group was a loose coalition of the likes of the Socialist Workers Party, Workers Power and the Communist Party of Great Britain. This is how the Evening Standard described Blower in 2002:
- Aaron Keily – NUS Candidate supported by Student Broad Left (Socialist Action dominated front whose name is designed to deceive).
- Chris Nineham – a member of SWP until 2010, ex-SWP Central Committee member, still writes for Counterfire ” a revolutionary socialist news and theory website”.
- Zak Cochrane – a member of the Harlow branch of the SWP according to this recording on SWP website.
- Nusrat Bukhari – candidate for Reclaim the Union campaign within Unison where SWP again dominate.
With the rise of Momentum and the 7th tiniest majority in Parliament you can see how Huq has to keep the loony left onside so she gets reselected without scaring her voters who will most likely not be impressed with her open borders promoting revolutionary socialist chums.