Reading through council leader Jason Stacey’s comments on the budget just now I am struck again by the clarity of thinking he displays. Last year he set the council’s near term priorities as being:
Key points of the budget are:
- the Ealing element of council tax is set to rise by just 1.9%
- reserves up by a further £2 million
- an additional £6.1 million to be invested in improving the local environment
- including street cleansing to be increased by 75%
- an additional £1.8 million is to be spent safer communities
- including a £1 million partnership project with the local police to get 50 Police and Community Support Officers onto the streets.
It is great to see that “it does what it says on the tin”.
For the dedicated follow this link to see the whole budget report to be discussed by the full council meeting on Tuesday 6th March. Come to the town hall at 7pm to take part.