Although the current Labour council has had 12 years to improve services it seems it is waiting until a few weeks before the election to announce service improvements:
- 3rd April Garden waste recycling cheaper and easier for library users
- 28th March More residents to benefit from food waste recycling scheme
- 22nd March Ealing Council doubles benefits to residents in one year
- 21st March Refurbishment to revitalise Central Library
- 8th March Council budget gives huge cash boost to beat envirocrime
Many of these stories are repeated in the £457,000 a year Around Ealing that arrived on my mat this week. It seems that to fill up the space in their little mag they are going to print a two page list of councillors and MPs every month for 12 months a year.